Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Canadian Thankgiving and Steamtown Marathon Quick Report

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadians blogger friends.  Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the holiday!  I am cooking a turkey dinner today for my mom and sister (she came home from Nashville to visit!).  Great for active recovery!

Despite a recent post about losing my mojo,  I surprised myself with a small PB yesterday at Steamtown.  I finally felt like I had some kick in my legs and ran my first ever NEGATIVE split marathon.
Time - 4:08:54 (a 26 second PB).  Given that this was a training run,  and I was doubting even a 4:30 finish,  I am very pleased with this result.

Full report to come. Major congratulations to all the marathon runners out there this weekend,  there were a ton of great results,  and I look forward to reading your reports.

Now you'll have to excuse me,  I have a turkey to stuff and get in the oven and an apple crisp to bake.  Have a great Monday!

24 comments:

RunningLaur said...

congrats on a great race - negative marathon splits is huge!! Happy Thanksgiving too!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

WOWZERS great work lady! I am getting excited for Thanksgiving reading all my Canadian friends Blogs... YUMMY!!

Denise said...

Great job!! Can't wait to read the full report.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Congrats on another marathon and a PR!

Nitmos said...

The PB's sometimes come when you least expect them. Nice job!

Lindsay said...

happy thanksgiving!!

congrats on the race and a pb!!

Aron said...

wooooo awesome job girl!!!!

Heather said...

Congrats on the surprise PR! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

RoadBunner said...

Happy Thankgiving!!

And Congrats on your PR!! I agree, surprise PR's are always awesome!

joyRuN said...

Gotta LOVE a surprise PR!!!

Congratulations :D

Stephanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving and congrats on a great run!

Unknown said...

Nice job, Happy Thanksgiving, I love saying that in October!

teacherwoman said...

Way to go! Sounds like a great race!

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo! Gotta love a negative!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Missy said...

Congratulations, you have to be thrilled with that! So THAT is why you're doing Flying Monkey - family. It'll be great.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

sneakersister said...

Congratulations and great job! I had considered Steamtown for this year, maybe at some point. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Felice Devine said...

You are too humble! That's a terrific time and negative splits?!? Yay!!! Great job!

Marlene said...

Congratulations Marci! I was SO happy when I saw your update on FB! Nice PR and huge congrats on the negative split. That is a big deal!!!

No Longer Using said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! that is AWESOME-- negative splits are so rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X-Country2 said...

I LOVE suprise PRs like that. Can't wait to read the full report.

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise. CONGRATS and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jamie said...

Awesome job on the "training" run!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Runner Leana said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on your PB! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

B.o.B. said...

Congrats! That is pretty awesome indeed. Happy belated Thanksgiving.