Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Baking for a cause

Thanks everyone for your nice comments about my first tri. It was a blast, and I can't wait to do another one! I still have to post some pictures, but first I wanted to post about a bake sale that a blogger is having to raise money for a great cause.

Natalie from Lil Runner is hosting a bake sale July 20th, to raise money for her charity, the Dana Faber Challenge, which I believe raises money for cancer research.

Anyway Natalie needed bakers so I volunteered. At first I scoured my recipe books and cooking blogs for some healthy treats, but then I found a recipe I had to make.
May I present to you:
Caramel Apricot Pecan Tart

(click to enlarge to see the crunchy pecans and ooey gooey caramel sauce!!)
It tastes even better than it looks. Total YUM. YUM!! It has the perfect mixture of sweet and a touch of Fleur de Sel to give it that sweet and salty taste.
I stole this recipe from a most excellent cooking blog, Definitely Not Martha, and I think she modified it from The Wine Lover's Dessert Cookbook . She baked the tart in a proper tart pan, and is also a photographer, so I suggest you go to her blog to see even more tantalizing pictures of the tart. Hubs is not one for deserts, but he went back for seconds.
You can bid for this and other delectable treats at Lil Runner on July 20th, and if you are the winner, I will bake this for you and courier it to wherever you are in North America. How sweet is that. I leave you with another other tantalizing picture, thanks for reading!

15 comments:

Lindsay said...

what a fun bake-off! looks delicious, that's for sure :)

Denise said...

Looks delicous...I'm sure it will score a high bid!

X-Country2 said...

Apple crisp is my FAV sweet treat, and this looks pretty freaking close.

Also, I'm a bit behind, but CONGRATS on your first tri! I'm seriously thinking of doing one this summer, and I read every single word of your posts. It answered a TON of my questions. Thansk!

Marlene said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing the info. I'd love to participate.

I will DEFINITELY be bidding on that deliciousness...

No Longer Using said...

oh my gosh! those look delicious. go dana farber!!!! they are right here in boston, woo woo!!! :)

did i ever congrats you on your tri?!?! if not---- way to GOooo!

Carly said...

YUM! And for a good cause too.

Heather said...

Looks delicious!

N.D. said...

these pictures make me hungry! they look great! thanks for spreading the word too. You're awesome!

joyRuN said...

You guys are KILLING me. I have 10 lbs to lose over here!!

But hey - for a worthwhile cause, I don't think the calories would count ;)

Laura said...

I love baking. That looks good!

Jo Lynn said...

OMG, that looks so darn yummy. I have a lot of apricots on my tree right now. ;)

MCM Mama said...

YUM! I will SOO be bidding on that!

Unknown said...

yummmmmmmmmm

Christy said...

Delish!

Cindy said...

currently drooling on the keyboard :-P,,,
that looks so good. congrats on your tri!!