Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome to the Fall!

Yesterday I procrastinated until 3:00 to go out for my 32K (20 miler) run. I headed out slightly stiff and sore from the 10K run I had the previous day, but I knew I had to do it. As I headed out to Heber Down conservation area, it started to rain, and I scolded myself for not getting up and running earlier, but I trudged along.

It continued raining for about 30 minutes, but then suddenly, as if by devine intervention, the clouds parted and I was greeted with sunshine and glorious, cool yet bright sunshiney weather. I ran into the conservation area which was bursting with fall colour. It was breathtaking, water glistened on the leaves reflecting colour, pine needles looked like glass, and the air was fresh and clean. My mood was elevated and I glided along.
Here is a bridge I run over:


I ended up having a great long run with a great pace, making me feel energized and ready to for my next marathon. Just the motivation I needed!


I LOVE fall running!


Training Plan for this week

Monday -Rest
Tuesday - 6K (recovery pace), hot yoga
Wednesday -8K track intervals (I have yet to decide what)
Thursday - Hot Yoga
Friday - 10K tempo
Saturday- rest
Sunday -22K race pace


Next Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving. Hubs and I are thinking of joining the Nacho triathlon team for a two hour Thanksgiving bike ride followed by a potluck. Should be fun.


Have a great week everyone! Thanks for reading!

15 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i hate that i'm not running in this weather... but oh well. the pic and description sound like a perfect run... good for you for getting out there and sticking with it! Happy Thanksgiving if i don't chat with you before that!

FLYERS26 said...

Nice scenery to run through.
It's it great to get the run in dispite the rain.

Aron said...

wow that pic is soooo pretty! awesome job for getting the run in! i dont know if i would have gone out at 3 :)

Vava said...

Wow, I had no idea that the Whitby area had such nice places to run. Recently we've been exploring more around the GTA, taking the kids on hikes and such. We'll have to check out your neck of the woods! Nice run!

Julianne said...

I love Fall running, too! :-) Wow, that bridge is beautiful, especially in the background of the Fall foliage! I definitely miss the changing colors of Fall. It's either green or yellow out here in Northern California.

Erik said...

Looks like a beautiful place to run.

It's weird how I notice those places even in TV shows now. "Wow that would be an awesome place to run"

It just drives my kids crazy. :)

E

Marlene said...

Sounds like an amazing run with perfect weather (well, after 30 mins!) and great scenery. Glad you enjoyed it!

It's kinda nice having the option to run in the afternoon, isn't it?

Kim said...

I LOVE fall too! It's the best.

Hot Yoga...I want to go!

Jess said...

That looks beautiful!

Denise said...

Best time of year! I love the seasons! Congrats on a great 20 miler.

Marcy said...

Ahhhhh looks lovely. Nice to have scenery like that to help rid the pain of running LOL

BeachRunner said...

What a beautiful pic. Looks like the perfect place for a fall run.

Amy - the gazelle said...

how beautiful! that's similar to what awaits me across the river from my house - although your leaves are further along.

congrats on your long run! That's awesome. And thanks for stopping by my place.

Unknown said...

Wow you make that sound GREAT! I'm a little jealous.

Meg said...

What a gorgeous picture! I'm glad your run turned out a lot better than you expected at the start!