Saturday, September 6, 2008

Race Report: One Mile Virtual Race




I ended up running my one mile virtual race on Thursday instead of Tuesday. Tuesday was back to school so being a teacher, I was exhausted by the end of the day. I came home and crashed on the couch. I woke up in a pile of drool and it was 8:00. So much for Tuesday. Wednesday will be the day! Wednesday was again a repeat couch episode, so when Thursday came, I knew I had to kick my butt into gear and get it done.

Hubs decided to partake in the challenge as well. We jogged up to our local track and I ran first and then Hubs.

I clocked in at 6 minutes, 56 seconds for 1.6km or 1 mile. I was pleased with the result. I was sure I would tank since I was tired from a busy week, and it was somewhat humid (need I say more), but I guess the Yasso's I have been working have helped. I just wanted to break 7 minutes, so I am pleased!

Hubs kicked my butt and came in at 6 minutes, 23 seconds. Not shabby, considering he didn't run all summer.

Thanks Reid for organizing this. I may repeat the race over the next few weeks to see how much I can bring my time down. I don't know about 5 min mile, but maybe sub 6:30??

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, right after we finished, I had a bad case of "runner's poo" Ofcourse the school was locked and we were 3K from home. I survived, but that was torture!! More so than running the mile!

I also decided not to run the 26K trail race this weekend. Hubs had to work and I just haven't felt good about my left calf/glute. Its coming along, but I was worried a race might injure it more. I do plan on running a long run tommorow. I'll aim for 32K.

Hope your running is going well. Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

E said...

Wow that's great! Congrats!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry for leading you to believe that i was "quitting running" lol. i had a lot of fun with that post, and have been looking forward to posting it all week. lol great job on the challenge!!! that's incredibly fast! good luck on your long run tomorrow... hope the leg/glute feel 100% soon! :)

Ax said...

Wow, great job! That really is an excellent time! Thanks so much for participating in my mile with me. It was awesome to have so much support for this. Good luck with your long run tomorrow!

Lily on the Road said...

What was with this past week? I was exactly the same, once home from work I would just flake on the couch, Saturday ALL day....

Good job on your virtual...hope you're back feeling like "you" again soon...

Meg said...

Nice job breaking 7:00!

Jess said...

Great job!

Kevin Westbrook said...

Hey Marci. I found your blog on runners lounge. Good job on the sub 7 minute mile. I just found out about the virtual runners race so I am going to try it a little late. I will be quite pleased if I can get your time.

Great blog!

Marcy said...

WHOOO HOOOOO Marci!! Awesome job chica!! ;D ;D Very nice!

Aron said...

wow awesome job!!!!

Marlene said...

AWESOME time on your mile!!

Hope you're feeling more energetic this week as you settle back into the school routine. :)

Ms Eva said...

Awesome mile! Congrats on coming in 1st! :D